Re: anyone having problems with latest mplayer/libavcodec-upate?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:01:40PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> re...
>
> * Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> [2005-01-07 13:59 +0100]:
> > On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:11:22PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> > > yesterday, some mplayer-related packages had been updated and today i
> > > tried to watch a movie:
> > Runs fine here of course. Can you dump the video somewhere for me to
> > have a look?
>
> for instance:
> http://kodeaffe.de/rahim-tux-tiny.avi (5 MB)
Plays fine here.

> yes, i am using prelink and never had a problem before. totem/xine play
> that video just fine.
I had lots of audio synchronisation issues with xine and the last time I
tried it, but maybe that's solved now. Furthermore mplayer played many
more formats than any other player when I last checked but it seems
gstreamer0.8-misc has now almost anything ffmpeg/libavcodec has. Is
there altivec detection available?

> how many and which libraries/applications would i have to re-install without
> prelinking? sounds like quite a hassle to me to find out on which
> mplayer and its direct libs depend indirectly. well, perhaps i will do
> that or perhaps use totem only.
You can automagically unprelink via /etc/default/prelink. Have a look at
the comments.
Cheers,
 -- Guido