Re: Permission for 'dev/pmu'

Brad Boyer wrote:

Just for completeness, I'll note that the PMU has very little to do
with sound or video as implied in previous posts. It's best for
people not to get more confused than already happens.

That's right, as I discovered when correcting the error message re /dev/pmu. One interesting note, though: Before applying Matt's fix, there was >no sound< in the system whatsoever, not even the Apple chime (I use an iMac) when booting. After applying his change to /etc/udev/permissions, the boot chime now sounds when starting boot process.

Otherwise, still zip on sound. A separate post.

--Harvey