Re: Cloning to an external video projector...

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
| Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:28:10 -0500,
[...]
| Yo Barry!
|
| I think it's a Titanium:
|
| $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
| processor	: 0
| cpu		: 7447/7457, altivec supported
| clock		: 1249MHz
| revision	: 1.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
| bogomips	: 831.58
| machine		: PowerBook5,2
| motherboard	: PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
| detected as	: 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
| pmac flags	: 0000001b
| L2 cache	: 512K unified
| memory		: 512MB
| pmac-generation	: NewWorld
|
| To clarify my problem, here is a photo with the laptop and an external
| monitor. To be sure you understand my problem, the GDM login screen you
| see on my laptop (sorry for the poor quality of the shoot) should appear
| on the external monitor!
| http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/external_monitor.jpg

Arnaud,
~    Ah, you have an Aluminum.  Here's the info from my Titanium
PowerBook IV:

barryh@case:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7455, altivec supported
clock           : 1000MHz
revision        : 3.3 (pvr 8001 0303)
bogomips        : 997.90
machine         : PowerBook3,5
motherboard     : PowerBook3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 80 (PowerBook Titanium IV)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 1024MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

~    I am facing the same need for some upcoming presentations.  I know
some folks have experimented with m3mirror in a thread back in
October[0], but I don't think anyone has reported success.

[0] - http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/10/msg00392.html

- --
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed