Re: [patch] Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Sven> On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 06:24:19PM -0800, shyamal wrote:
    >>  "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
    >>

    Sven> Notice that the fixed kernel is still only in unstable, and
    Sven> has not yet propagated to testing, because we first need to
    Sven> remove the kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 binary package from
    Sven> the archive, which needs a ftp-master intervention. It was
    Sven> already hinted, but i don't know how long it will take to

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the note. As it turns out I had pulled the kernel from sid
once you uploaded it (until then I used my hacked kernel to boot my
deboostrapped install, but I very sorely missed the patched thermal
driver!  :-).

I did notice that your changelog noted the removal of
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 and the migration of the two patches into
the main kernel patches.

I repaired my old PC with a new K7 motherboard so at least I have a
working Linux machine. That allows me to experiment with the new d-i
and test it over the next few days at a more relaxed pace and still
play my music ;-)

Thanks!
Shyamal