Re: Retry: Trouble booting installed Debian Sarge on 43p 150

Philipp Vollmer said:
[...]
> 4. What kind of disklabel should I create on my disk? I have an old 9 GB
> disk in my RS6000 which has a MSDOS Disklabel - is that correct? Maybe I
> need to change certain things on my partition layout. It looks like that:
> MSDOS-Disklabel on 9 GB SCSI Disk
> 1. 30 MB fstype=raw prep-boot=on Partition
> 2. 8 GB data partition (/) ext3
> 3. 700 MB Swap Partition

You definitely need to use the MS-DOS partition scheme.  However, your
boot partition looks a bit big.  No larger than 4MB is what is normally
recommended.  There have been problems reported with too large boot
partitions in the past, although I'm not sure if that will help in
your case.

Other than that, your partition layout looks quite sane.

Cheers,

Leigh.