Retry: Trouble booting installed Debian Sarge on 43p 150

Hello,

I recently installed Debian Sarge on my CHRP RS6000 43p 150 exactly like
Philippe Guyot did. While installing and after having successfully
installed Debian Sarge with 2.6.8-Powerpc Kernel I had certain problems
which I hope to get solved with your potential help:

1. My Install-CD only installs in "expert" mode, when I boot it
normally, it just hangs at 10 per cent of install progress ( while
installing dpkg ). Unfortunately I don't get any error message but "No
volumes found". This message also appears during a successful "expert"
mode installation.

2. The CD may not be booted from ok prompt via "boot cdrom". If you do
so, it simply crashed. You may rather put the CD into your cd-Drive and
wait, and wait... :)

3. After having installed yaboot from virtual console ( make it raw with
mkofboot and fstype=raw, yabootconfig and ybin ) and after reboot yaboot
loads fine. Hitting the enter key boots the kernel.
After "loading ramdisk" right at the beginning the system crashes:
"""

Unexpected Firmware Error:
Default Catch, code fff00300 at %SRR0: 00c18d30 %SRR1: 00003030
"""
And the screen is strangely blinking so it's difficult to read the
screen ( so please apologize my typos, if there are any ).

That happens although I used the same kernel as on the CD to be
installed on hard disk.
It appears that installing the system takes pretty long ( 1 hour or so )
so please tell my, whether to use another kernel or what to do. Also I'd
like to know, why mounting "target" from console wont run ( when I boot
the sarge CD ). I loaded all available modules, but only get an error
messge.
Please tell me what I'm doing totally wrong or different from the normal
case, so that my install doesn't run properly.

4. What kind of disklabel should I create on my disk? I have an old 9 GB
disk in my RS6000 which has a MSDOS Disklabel - is that correct? Maybe I
need to change certain things on my partition layout. It looks like that:
MSDOS-Disklabel on 9 GB SCSI Disk
1. 30 MB fstype=raw prep-boot=on Partition
2. 8 GB data partition (/) ext3
3. 700 MB Swap Partition

Please ask me questions, if anything is uncertain

Many thanks in advance

Philipp Vollmer