Re: noflushd on bondi iMac

Peter Teunissen <oneman@oneword.demon.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed noflushd on a stock bondi blue iMac. During install it
> was set to spindown the disk after 30 minutes of idleness. I can hear
> the disk spin down sometimes but it immediately comes up again, even if
> there's no activity on the machine i.e. when there's no web page being

Maybe you run syslog? This flushs its buffers from time to time and
causes a spin up. Try syslog-ng.

Or try to find the file which would have been touched with

find / /usr /var -xdev -amin -5

Or look in /u/s/doc/noflushd/contrib/ for the inode patch.

> viewed, no mail processed and no user connected. Am I missing something
> or is it just not possible to spin down the main disk on a small
> server?

I do so every night.

Have nice new year,

Jörg.

--
"It's been said you aren't a real UNIX system administrator until you've
edited a sendmail.cf file. It's also been said that you are crazy if you