Re: Hard Drive light

On 22 Dec 2004 at 17h12, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Hi,

> > Having it enabled by default will let people know that it exists. I
> > know too many Mac users that badly want a LED to show them when
> > "it's working and I should wait"...
>
> Oh, and to add to this ... I prefer having it ON by default so users
> avoid moving their laptop around while the HD is busy...

Is it dangerous?
A metallic chair failed on my ibook G4 a few monthes ago (don't ask why
it was on the floor...), it only fucked a bit of plastic at the bottom
of the screen - not the screen, not the keyboard, not the HD, nothing!
and I was pretty impressed by the fact i didn't destroy the whole thing.
--
Colin