Re: Hard Drive light

According to Benjamin Herrenschmidt, on Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:01:40 +0100,
>On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 14:04 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>

>> I was able to parse kernel command line parameters in the pci setup code
>> (chrp_pci.c) which i believe happens *well* before what you are trying to do.
>> It was some time back though, but was rather straigthforward.

The trick was effectively this damn module name. The parameter will be named
ide_core.blinking_led

Thanks a lot for all your hints. I'm learning a lot these days...

>> Cedric and Ben, please tell me when this is ready for inclusion in the debian
>> powerpc kernels :)
>
>No, not at this point. Beside, i'd like to have it enabled by default,
>not disabled by default :)

I don't really agree with that. Blinking led is not really relevant for default user. I
would say that if someone feels geek enough ;) to want it, it is good to make it
available. On the other hand, I would not bother unconcerned people with this blinking.

Anybody against or in favor of this argument ?

Cheers
--
Cedric Pradalier