USB drive mount problems (udev+2.6.9)

When I connect my 512Mb pen drive at my PowerBook G4 (15" PB5,2), the
udev system creates automatically /dev/uba and /dev/uba1
When I mount /dev/uba1 (/dev/uba1 is a vfat filesystem) everything works
great, I can read and write my pen drive. But when I tried to unmount,
(if I wrote some data to the flash device) the light of the pen drive
starts blinking very quickly for ever and I'm unable to unmount my pen
drive.
It appears to be a sync problem.
If I power down my PB, in the pen drive I have the files transfered to
the device but with 0 bytes size.
It is not problem of my pen drive, because if I use mtools works great.
Same problem with a compact flash.
Any idea?

Greeting
   Federico
--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /