Re: Testing newoldworld pmac miboot 2.6 floppies

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:00:55AM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rick Thomas writes:
>
> > The 2.6 images now fit on a physical floppy, so that's good.
> > Unfortunately, the resulting floppy doesn't boot on my G3.  It reads
> > and gives me a tux-mac icon, but when it gets to the end the screen
> > colors invert, and it just sits there.  No text screen.  The boot
> > floppy doesn't eject.  When I eject it manually, feed it the "root"
> > floppy, and hit <return>, nothing happens.
>
> This is probably a matter of passing the correct kernel command line
> (you want a video= parameter for the screen and load_ramdisk=1
> prompt_ramdisk=1 for reading the root floppies).  The command line
> goes into the resource fork of the System file on the miBoot floppy,
> and you need Mac OS and ResEdit for changing it.

Jens, when you built those miboot floppies that worked, what command line
options did you use ? We currently have :

  root=0200 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 devfs=mount

and :

  root=0200 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1 devfs=mount video=ofonly

Also, could you give those daily built floppies a try, since you where able to
make it work previously ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther