Re: Testing newoldworld pmac miboot 2.6 floppies

Hi,

Rick Thomas writes:

> The 2.6 images now fit on a physical floppy, so that's good.
> Unfortunately, the resulting floppy doesn't boot on my G3.  It reads
> and gives me a tux-mac icon, but when it gets to the end the screen
> colors invert, and it just sits there.  No text screen.  The boot
> floppy doesn't eject.  When I eject it manually, feed it the "root"
> floppy, and hit <return>, nothing happens.

This is probably a matter of passing the correct kernel command line
(you want a video= parameter for the screen and load_ramdisk=1
prompt_ramdisk=1 for reading the root floppies).  The command line
goes into the resource fork of the System file on the miBoot floppy,
and you need Mac OS and ResEdit for changing it.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!