Re: Linux and MoL on G5

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 18:36, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

> > whether MoL runs nicely on it.
>
> No.

Indeed, MOL isn't yet supported on the G5. It shouldn't be too difficult
to adapt it to the g5 with a 32 bits kernel, but this isn't a good long
term solution.

Ideally, we should get MOL working with the 64 bits kernel which is what
I really support on the g5. However, this is a lot more complicated as it
involves porting the whole MOL kernel module to the new kernel and the
necessary adaptations to the userland part.

I spend some time investigating this a while ago, but I definitely don't
have time to actually do it :( The best thing would be to have Samuel get
a g5 ;)

Ben.