Re: Current benh-kernel fails to boot (after clock) on iBook G4

> I have never heard about pmac_defconfig, sorry. I read several (5 ?)
> web pages about installing on ibook, and also the Debian powerpc-port
> pages, where it is not mentioned.

Yes, the kernel has default configs for several machines in
arch/ppc/configs

You can either cp that to .config and do make oldconfig, or, with 2.6
do make pmac_defconfig (or with 2.4, make pmac_config)

> I just read some posts on this list -- pmac_defconfig creates a default
> configuration for a machine, correct? Is there some good FAQ for this
> and other "specialities" of the PPC plattform?

I don't think the defconfig is specific to ppc, though we do have a very
broad range of different machines to deal with, unlike x86.

> Btw. I found at least one kernel help text a little confusing. Are you
> the right person to send this to?

Yes. Patches welcome ;)

Ben.