Re: Booting my G3 (again)

On Saturday 08 May 2004 20:43, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 11:56:46PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > The setup fails to make the disk bootable because ofpath cannot hack my
> > scsi device (sym53c8xx)
> >

> Are you actually trying to boot from a drive on your sym53c8xx card? If
> so, this is almost certainly wrong. The "scsi" device name is normally
> an alias to the built-in controller, either mesh or 53c94 depending on
> the exact model. For a PCI card, you'll need a direct path. Take a look
> at /proc/device-tree while you're in Linux and see where it shows up.

Well dmesg | grep scsi gives me:

scsi0:	 sym53c8xx-1.7.1-20000726
scsi1: 	MESH
scsi : 2 hosts
Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, chabbel 0, id 0, lin 0
scsi : detected 1 SCSI generic 1 SCSI disk total

And ofpath /dev/sda2 gives
ofpath: Driver sym53c8xx is not supported

I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for under that proc interface
though :)

Adrian