Re: swsusp/pmdisk status on ppc?

Le Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 21:23:07 +0200, Christian Jaeger a écrit:

> I ended up setting up shell aliases for all commands that give much
> output, to pipe through cat. This makes it buffered in large pieces
> which makes it fast again.

one thing that did improve things for me as to certain slownesses in
2.6.x is my use of elevator=deadline in my append= instead of the
default as scheduler; though in my case i have several criteria that
helped me make that decision: i have a SCSI-based machine, i run 3
databases on this machine: LDAP, mysql, and postgres (i'd run just LDAP
and postgres, but WTF..). deadline scheduler is recommended for 2
reasons, one for machines running a database, and one for SCSI drives.

though i suspect the machines being talked about here are laptops of
various sorts, therefore running IDE, and since they are laptops,
they're not likely to be running databases, except maybe an LDAP slurpd,
heh.

you might try it, though to see if it helps any. usual disclaimers apply
;)

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |