Re: swsusp/pmdisk status on ppc?

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 21:23, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> At 23:54 Uhr +0200 19.04.2004, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:54, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> >  > (BTW kernels 2.6 are less responsive on this laptop than 2.4 was, and
> >>  there's a strange slowness in line-buffered output to gnome-terminals,
> >>  do you see this too?)
> >
> >Yes, see Soeren Sonnenburg's posts about his.
>
> Well, I could not find anything such in web mail archives using
> google, only in google groups in linux.debian.ports.powerpc (well, is
> this not the same as the debian-powerpc mailinglist? if so, it looks
> like google has difficulty finding the post in the web archive).
> There's no conclusion about the reason, just that you all suspect a
> scheduler problem (which I do, too). Seems also that only few people
> do see the problem.

Soeren posted another followup on April 2nd, under the subject '2.6.
terminal scrolling speed (Re: xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk conflicting with X
from experimental ?)'. It's very likely a gnome-terminal/vte bug, the
current multi-gnome-terminal is extremely responsive, too bad it's butt
ugly and doesn't work the way I like it...