Re: Airport on Debian

Le 13 avr. 04, à 23:31, Sam George a écrit :

qdecavel wrote:
Thanks for your answer, but what if iwconfig tells me
that there is no wireless extension ?

Let me see... are the modules loaded? My Pismo uses `airport`, `orinoco`, and `hermes`. If I don't have the modules loaded I get the same error. Do you know about the modutils scripts in debian?
Well I think so, I explicitly demanded these modules when I built my new kernel. I also looked at /etc/modules, and it tells airport is loaded during the boot.

In modules.conf I have `alias eth1 airport`, and airport loads orinoco and hermes all by its self. The I run:
The only alias of airport that I have in modules.conf points to "irda-dongle-6" :-(
Is there still some hope that I can manage to configure airport ?

`iwconfig eth1 key 1A1A-1A1A-1A`
`dhclient eth1`

And that does it for me as I run dhcpd on another machine.

Then I monitor the link with gkrellm2 via the wireless mod.

cira