Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:52:04AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Do enough tests to have some statistic, it may not fail all the time,
> could be only occasional. It's also possible that the problem is indeed
> the low-charge sleep kicking too late, but it could be the kernel
> not always properly shutting down some bit of HW

I often have the same problem as the poster (titanium G4 goes to 1904).
Is there a way of prolonging the time when the low-charge sleep kicks
in?  Sometimes I feel like I don't even have time to close the lid
before the machine crashes.  Sometimes the machine crashes when it has
been sleeping for so long that the battery is completely drained.

I don't have a second battery, but a few times the battery has fallen
out and the machine always crashes and resets to 1904.  I've been using
only kernel 2.4.24-ben1 lately, but this problem has been consistent
through many generations of 2.4s.

I've been so happy that the machine sleeps when I close the lid,
allowing me to leave it on all day (just closing the lid when I need to
move) that I have not worried to much about these crashes (too used to
macs crashing I guess ;)

--
Marco