Re: Debian linux on Titanium 400MHz Powerbook: Screen too large?

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 06:55:11AM -0700, Pete Riley wrote:

> I've been struggling to get XF86config working properly with Debian
> linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook.

yay! i'm not the only one still using that old laptop :>

> There's a little extra 'screen' that
> spills off my display.

> for reference, here is my XF86Config-4 file. It's a hack of several
> ones, but, with the exception of the screen spilling over, works.

> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier   "LCD"
> 	Option       "DPMS"
> 	HorizSync    40 - 100
> 	VertRefresh  40 - 120
>
> 	Mode "1280x854"
> 		DotClock 79.816
> 		HTimings 1280 1296 1408 1536
> 		VTimings 854 855 858 866
> 		Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
> 	EndMode
> EndSection

The modes should be "1152x768".  The newer titanium powerbooks have
this higher resolution, but this first edition only did 1152x768

> Section "Screen"
> 	Identifier "Screen0"
> 	Device     "Card0"
> 	Monitor    "LCD"
> 	DefaultDepth     24
> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth     24
> 		Modes    "1280x854"
> 	EndSubSection
> EndSection

For the g4-400, I'd suggest going with a depth of 16 and the
aforementioned 1152x768.  That will get you DRI for the all-important
fast GL screen savers.

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Chicago, IL USA