Re: Need Configuration help for 3.0r2 on Rev A iMac

On Thursday 01 April 2004 0706, somebody named Dave Turner inscribed this
message:
> It has been hard work but I now have a Rev A iMac dual-booting MacOS9
> and Debian 3.0r2. I am using the 2.4.18-newpmac kernel. I have not
> installed X windows. I have searched the mail archives and read many
> emails, some helped (which is why I have a working system), and some
> went right over my head...
>
> The current list of problems is:-
(snip)
> 2) no modem.
> Can the internal iMac modem work under Debian?

Should, though I haven't set one up myself.  You did google for something
like <"rev. a" imac modem debian>, right?  IIRC, the modem may be
on /dev/ttyS0, try it and see. :^)

> 4) how do I set up "sudo" so I can login as me and install stuff without
> logging out and going back in as root?

I usually just use 'su', I'm too lazy to bother with sudo and su is
installed by default.  Depends on your preference.  :^)

NRH
--
You can do anything if you want it bad enough. That is why we see so many
people who can fly.  - Elden Carnahan