Re: G5 report problematic succes

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Sven Luther wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 04:50:33PM +0200, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> Notice that normally, you should have been able to use the
> debian-installer for installing debian. I have a power4 config and
> altough i don't know if the yaboot on the cdrom was fixed to include the
> power3 and power4 kernels, you should have been able to circumvent that.

I tried the dailly buil from 03/28, 03/29, 03/30 and 03/31
none was abble either to boot from cd either to not hangs

> Could you at least try out the kernel-image-2.4.25-power4-pmac kernel on
> this G5, to confirm that it works ?

I can give a try, I just finished a 2.6.4 build
Linux hebus.sis.pasteur.fr 2.6.4 #2 SMP Thu Apr 1 15:51:33 CEST 2004 ppc
GNU/Linux

but to be honest I don't have any idea about how to use the kernel*
debian packages. i've always built the kernel using the prehistoric way
ie: make [oldc|menu]config, make  ;-)
as i don't care for a lot of features built in the prebuild kernels....

	Eric
--
 Je voudrais savoir s'il existe un compteur de vitesse (?) pour savoir
 à quelle vitesse on est réellement connecté au FAI et surtout si une