Re: G5 report problematic succes

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 04:50:33PM +0200, Eric Deveaud wrote:

> 	Hi
>
> today was quite work free, please don't repeat it to my boss ;-)
> I started playing seriously with the G5
>
> booting the k-mib-ppc-beta-pre-10, in single mode and isntalling debian
> thru debootstrap was quite simple.

Notice that normally, you should have been able to use the
debian-installer for installing debian. I have a power4 config and
altough i don't know if the yaboot on the cdrom was fixed to include the
power3 and power4 kernels, you should have been able to circumvent that.

Could you at least try out the kernel-image-2.4.25-power4-pmac kernel on
this G5, to confirm that it works ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther