Sound output problem

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to make mi G3 Pismo to work. I'm using Debian SID and Gnome 2.8. I do have sound when using mplayer, totem or mpg123 so it's not a kernel issue (I think...). But when it comes to Beep-Media-Player or XMMS I get errors.
It says that I have to choose the correct audio output.
But I don't know which to choose. I've tried with Alsa 0.9.7, OSS and eSound (the three ones avaiable in BMP) and none of them work.

As far as I know I'm using ALSA. At least the loaded modules are named snd_* and that belongs to ALSA, right?

I just don't have a clue where the problem is... Can someone hel me, please?

Thanks