putting Debian on an iBook G4

hi!

I just ordered Debian 3 r3 and while im waiting im gathering info on
what i must be aware off.I been on and off diff linux distros for a
few years now.  I installed YDL on my iBook a month ago and dual
booted with OS X and found myself more time in Linux than OS X. I then
installed Ubuntu and found it a great distro and worked flawless and
would give a big thumbs up! However the person that I am im not still
100% happy i like to tweak my comp fully and have a lot of control.
Also if im going to move over to .deb i might as well go official
Debian so then I have all the packages. I have used mainly RPMs before
but the deb system is far superior and removes the prob of missing
libs etc. Also i really like Debian attitude to free-software where
some distros it seems dont have that full free-software thinking
Debian is strong free-software.

Basically I have removed OS X for good because i prefer Linux
completely in every way.

Is there any issues with Debian that i should be aware of? is the
power pc version good?

Things like sound and graphics is that easy to set up? Will the
installer cover that? Also setting up X is covered by the installer
right? I know these are basic questions but i like to know before i do
the plunge!

Also what about the shotcut keys for example f12 ejects on an iBook
and the F keys do the volume and brighness... are these easy to
configure?

Also once installed what must i do step by step in order to be running
sid (unstable)? Because i like the newest software and being on a
iBook im guessing newer is better for the PPC platform.

So yeh treat me like a newbie for the moment. I really want to install
Debain because i was thinking if im gonna use a deb system i might as
well go Debian... am i right?

Tim :)