Re: Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    >> Is there a way to use a rescue kernel (in this case the Gentoo
    >> kernel booted from a Mac HD using OpenFirmware) to start the
    >> d-i on the Sarge CD? (My guess is not, but then I'm not very
    >> familiar with internals of d-i).

    Sven> No, the first order of business is to try d-i again, and
    Sven> fill a installation report about it. Can you please remember
    Sven> me your state of things, i don't seem to have your older

Installation report is at

    Sven> If the kernel issue is fixed, and d-i is working, then
    Sven> everything is fine, no ? Can you provide me info on the
    Sven> exact model that this concerns ?

Nope, the kernel in d-i does not boot this G5. John Koskie indicated
(in this thread) that he has seen the same problem with newer G5
hardware (him and Paddy de Burca report having used d-i on similar,
somewhat older G5 machines with sucess though).

/Shyamal