Re: MLton on PowerPC: voltaire's Christmas wish?

Le Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 12:38:20PM -0500, Adam Goode écrivait/wrote:
> The price of this upgrade is $30.
>
> http://dealram.com/prices/15/256MB.html
>
> I will match funds with someone who puts in $15! :)
>

> Adam

> > > It's a whole-program optimizing compiler [...]
> >
> > I shudder at the thought of having a language that allows for 145k line
> > programs that _need_ global optimization. Maybe we all should have kept
> > programming in FORTRAN forever ...
> >
> > Re: building of that monster for ppc: your best bet is to find a ppc
> > developer who agrees to manually build it once in a while.

If MLton is opensource, and if some debian expert provide me some
assistance (if so, please email me), I might run this build: I have a
PowerBook 12" G4 1.33Ghz with 784Mb RAM running Debian/Sid (with a
self-compiled patched 2.6.9 kernel).

(however, personally, I prefer Ocaml to SML).

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net