Re: installing sarge

On Dec 22, 2004, at 1:56 PM, vinai wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:

I want to install sarge in my Old-World Mac 9500.
I know I need to use BootX, and that I should copy linux.bin and
ramdisk.image.gz into the "Linux Kernels" folder, but I can't find
those files on the ISO images of the sarge distribution.
Should I use the corresponding files from woody?
At what point do I use the sarge disks?

Take a look here for kernel image files:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch-appendix.en.html

What I'd suggest, go with Woody - do a basic install,

By "basic install" - does that include running Tasksel?

then update your
apt sources list

can you point me to a HowTo that tells how to do this?

so that "stable" becomes "testing".  After this, you
should be able to "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" ...

Thanks,

Dan Killoran