Re: MPC 855T FEC Ethernet driver promiscuous mode

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:41:23AM +0800, Lennon wrote:

| I look at packet on network by using libpcap.But I found I can't get all the
| packets.I only can get the packet which was sent to the host.

Most likely your ethernet card is connected to a -switch- instead of a
-hub-.  If this is the case, then what you are seeing is correct and
intended behavior.  Switches forward ethernet frames to the
destination port only.  Hubs broadcast all frames to all ports.
Switches yield better network performance, but as a side-effect are
capable of making certain types of debugging more difficult.

HTH,
-D

--
He who walks with the wise grows wise,