Re: Installer for power4 and power5 systems

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:05:53PM +0100, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Am 20.12.2004 um 15:59 schrieb Sven Luther:
>
> [...]
>
> >Mmm, not sure about this, debian-boot@lists.debian.org would be the
> >best place
> >to ask about this. Did you try the network-console installation ?
>
> It's a bit high traffic there. I've asked some questions there, but
> never got answers,
> maybe the questions were too stupid ;-)

Bah, ask again, it may just have been missed in the traffic. Best is to fill
an installation report :

  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

And make it a bug report, this way you ensure it is not lost in the traffic.

> I've tried network console installation, too. But at that time I didn't
> win anything, because
> it only worked for the main installer. I don't know if this has changed.

Mostly it is the same, but you can make it install ssh or something like that
before the reboot. A bug report against discover1-data may also be in order in
your case.

> Ok then. I'm going to work on partman-prep and will be back when either
> the partman-prep
> is ready or the power5 machine is usable.

Ok, thanks.

Friendly,

Sven Luther