Re: Java debs anyone?

> Hi,
>
> > Mono is free and Java is not.
>
> Can we please stop this troll now, or at least take it to where it
> belongs, which would be debian-legal. Thanks.

Strongly seconded. debian-legal would also be the right place to get an
expert opinion on the license issues in terms of IP law.

> Any developer wanting to use some non-provided language would know where
> to get it and how to install anyway, so this issue is moot and only a
> convenience one.

As a convenience issue, there's precedents that may apply here (pine,
anyone), and whoever feels like it could easily cook up a
ibm-jdk-installer package without violating any license.

But I'll stop feeding the trolls now.

	Michael