clock and hwclock (was: Re: hwclock can't access /dev/rtc: solved)

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 02:47 PM, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> This script is named hwclock.sh, which is part of util-linux. I think
> it's not easy possible to remove hwclock from util-linux or replace it on
> ppc by clock.

a possible solution could be done starting from this old thread:

> Where are the differences between hwclock and clock?

IIRC hwclock uses rtc, while clock uses adb.

Maybe this problem can also be solved patching hwclock making it
adb-compatible or creating a kind of rtc-emulator in kernel space,
but i don't know if this second way is possible.

In the W-E i'll try to catch more information.

BOFH excuse #372:
Forced to support NT servers; sysadmins quit.

Linux Registered User # 286841