Re: hwclock can't access /dev/rtc: solved

Luca Bigliardi - shammash <shammash@renomo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:39 AM, peter plessas wrote:
>
>> Well, after a boot into OSX and back to debian the time is correct now!
>
> I don't think that this is a good_solution(tm),
> it's better to modify your scripts that load/store the time using
> /sbin/clock from powerpc-utils instead of hwclock.

This script is named hwclock.sh, which is part of util-linux. I think
it's not easy possible to remove hwclock from util-linux or replace it on
ppc by clock. Where are the differences between hwclock and clock?

Jörg.

--
A red sign on the door of a physics professor: 'If this sign is blue,
you're going too fast.'