xlock doesn't seem to work and outputs "read: Illegal seek"

Hi,

When I launch xlock it just outputs the following string.

  read: Illegal seek

If I run xglock and try to open in root I get an output
that looks like this.

  13 eraseModes: random_lines random_squares venetian triple_wipe quad_wipe circle_wipe three_circle_wipe squaretate fizzle spiral slide_lines losira no_fade
  Visual info: screen 0, visual id 0x29, class TrueColor, depth 16
  X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
    Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
    Serial number of failed request:  87

I compiled and installed it this way.

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vtlock --enable-syslog \
                  --enable-multiple-user --enable-multiple-root \
                  --disable-magick --without-motif --with-opengl \
                  --with-esound
  make
  make prefix=$PKG/usr xapploaddir=$PKG/etc/X11/app-defaults install

After some tests, it looks like the options that make it
to behave this strange way are --enable-multiple-user and
--enable-multiple-root.

I'm running a GNU/Linux system on a ppc with X.org 6.7.0
but, if I recollect well, I had problems with XFree86, too.
The version I'm using of the Linux kernel is the 2.6.8.1
one. The version I'm using of xlockmore is the 5.14.1 one.

Could you please give me some pointer? Any suggestion is
welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
--
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't

 -- Richard M. Stallman
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/linux-gnu-freedom.html