Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:53:39 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> Make sure you have APM emulation in your kernel and that /dev/apm_bios
> exists, it's the mecanism used by the kernel to notify X of the
> suspend/resume cycle.

I had the APM emulation but not the /dev/apm_bios (Char major 10 minor
134). But after testing Pau's XF86Config-4 file I made it work :-). The
only thing now is that pbbuttons does not put the machine into sleep when
closing the lid. I have to do it manually using a program that sends the
PMU_IOC_SLEEP ioctl to /dev/pmu (I saw it in the snooze source code :-)

So sleep works fine now wether I'm in X or console. Sweet work!! Thanks a
million.