Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:20:22 +1100
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/albook-ibookg4-sleep-2.diff

Hi, my laptop is iBook G4 (PowerBook6,5 Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+). Here are
some first tests:

Backlight control works very well in all cases.

Sleep to RAM in console only works well in most cases, except if you change
the USB state (by plugging or unplugging devices, for example the USB
mouse) while sleeping it won't wake up. That is, I hear de DVD once but the
screen won't turn on again and the computer remains hung.

Then, once I start X the machine won't wake up properly (hang) in any case.
I've also tried to run X server, shut it down and try to sleep in console
as the former case.

I compiled the kernel with integrated USB-HID and most of the sleeping test
where made with a simpler version of the snooze command, a few were made
by closing the lid running pbbuttonsd.

I don't know what else to say. If you need any log/debug output I'll send
it :-)