Re: Wrong permission for '/dev/pmu' device error in Gnome

On 07/11/2004 at 23:24 -0500, Barry Hawkins wrote:

> The only meaningful results from the Google search is this message from
> Kiko Piris in a July 2004 thread:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/07/msg00462.html>

In that message I was simply answering that 600 permissions of /dev/pmu
were ok for me (not using gnome but kde).

> Applying Kiko's recommendation did not change the situation.

Of course, because, AFAICS, the problem is not with the permissions of
/dev/pmu, the problem is the "famous" bug in gnome.

Btw, this was not a recomendation, I was simply pointing that I had that
line in /etc/udev/links.conf (I had to do it because udev did not create
the device by itself; no big deal OTOH).

--
Kiko
Private mail is preferred encrypted: