Re: Wrong permission for '/dev/pmu' device error in Gnome

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:21:36AM -0500, Barry Hawkins wrote:

> List,
> ~    Do any of you with more history with Gnome have some info on the
> proper way to handle the /dev/pmu error when Gnome starts up?  I have
> seen posts on Debian lists and elsewhere with folks changing the
> permissions on /dev/pmu manually, and then udev overwrites it, etc.
> Nothing I have read so far seems like a proper solution.
> ~    If anyone has insight on the proper way to handle this issue, I
> would really appreciate it.
> ~    If this issue sounds totally foreign to the list, let me know and I
> can provide more information.

This is a FAQ, and you should either fix the permissions, or if you use udev
go into the configuration file of used to have it set the permissions
properly.

There were previous detailed emails about this, either here or on
debian-gtk-gnome, so check the email archives, or google.

Friendly,

Sven Luther