Re: Install prism2_usb without compiling

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 06:09:39 +0100 (CET)
"J.Manrique Lopez de la Fuente" <jsmanrique@socios.asturlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello,
Hi :-)

> I have Debian Sid in my iBook G4, and I would like to know how to install
> prism2_usb modules to use my netgear wlan usb.
> I have installed linux-wlan-ng, and it seems that most configuration files
> (networks, interfaces,..) have been created, but I can't load the module.
> Just for your info:

Perhaps you don't load the module prism2_usb. You need to load it before
you can use your netgear card.

You can see my configuration thah I attach to this message. This scripts is
what I use to enable my wireless-usb card (Dlink DWL-122) at boot time.

You need to have compiled two modules: prism2_usb and p80211. Then, you can
change the script for adapt it what you need. The parameter "ssid" is the
name of your local net. If you don't know it, you can see it in the
configuration page of your router. There it has to be. Be sure you're using
the same channel in the router and in your wireless-usb card. You can
change that with the "channellist" parameter.

Be happy. :-)

--
Keep it soulful and spread love!
"Ask and it will given to you; seek and you will find;