Re: incompatible unaligned.h between x86 and ppc - kernel-hackers verify please

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 18:18 -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:24, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Please point to the equally-optimized alternative
> > > that works on all platforms.
> >
> > If there is none, then rip off the kernel implementation or lobby glibc
> > to provide one, or make a "libunaligned.so" and distribute it etc...
> >
> > but to NOT rely on the kernel header, that is bogus.
>
> Unless someone is using the -I option with gcc, this
> is NOT a kernel header. It comes with glibc-headers.
> It is therefore a glibc header. :-)

daenzer@thor> apt-cache show glibc-headers
W: Unable to locate package glibc-headers
E: No packages found
daenzer@thor> dpkg -S /usr/include/asm/unaligned.h
linux-kernel-headers: /usr/include/asm/unaligned.h
daenzer@thor> apt-cache showsrc linux-kernel-headers
Package: linux-kernel-headers
Binary: linux-kernel-headers
[...]

> One could argue that the actual bug is that the #ifdef
> is not getting removed in the creation of the glibc-headers
> package.

Might be true if it was indeed glibc-headers, but then it would have to
be removed including anything it contains...