incompatible unaligned.h between x86 and ppc - kernel-hackers verify please

Hello List, hello Klaus, hello Benjamin!

At the moment I am fighting with an error on ppc when I want to compile the new vdr-1.3.14 from Klaus Schmidinger.

vdr uses unaligned.h and it stops compiling with an error about "get_unaligned not declared" on ppc. I tracked this down with the help of Klaus to a different header-file asm/unaligned.h between x86 and ppc. The asm-ppc/unaligned.h has two lines more - at the begining of unaligned.h "#ifdef __KERNEL__" and at the end "#endif /* KERNEL */". So I "greped" around in /usr/src/linux/include/asm-* and found that ppc uses this construct, only!

If I remove the #ifdef-#endif-lines I get no "not declared" error any more.

I am not a kernel-hacker (I am not a programmer at all) so I can only guess that this is an obsolete declaration that could be removed. I am using the kernel-source 2.6.8.1 from kernel.org.

So could the kernel-hackers verify this and correct me or asm-ppc/unaligned.h, please. ;-)

Bye, thanks,
Christoph

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering
C & E Mediensysteme GmbH

Hatzfelder Str. 68F             Tel.:       05254 - 80 68 66
33104 Paderborn               Fax.:      05254 - 80 68 64
eweri@cunde.de                Mob.:     0173- 566 266 1
http://www.cunde.de
G4 Rechenleistung und Airport inklusive.
Das neue iBook G4 - mehr unter
http://www.cunde.de/products/apple/ibook/