Avi files shown smaller than real MB size

Hi you all,

I decided to ask in the list because I have googled with unsuccessful results.
(Maybe I am not searching correctly)

The thing is that I have a cd with 2 avi files in it. In M$ Windows (puaj!)
the CD is 579MB but in my PPC debian box, only 127MB.

I have tried VLC and Xine.

Even playing the avi files from the cd or cp them into the box, I always get
the same result, so instead of watching the 333MB of one file, I only watch a
67MB movie.

Any ideas how to solve it or look up in google?
Has anyone had the same "problem"?

Thanks for the help/feedback.