XF86Config-4 for PowerBook 17" G4 1.5Ghz

Hi,

I just bought my thirst Mac and though MacOS X is a briliant and beautifull
environment I desparately need my KDE desktop to be able to work again.

I have spent a lot of time in trying to find, generate and guess the right
XF86Config-4 settings for the 17" display which can do 1440x900 at 32 bits
and the ATI mobility radeon 9700, but my efforts all end up in a messed up
display even if I try lower resolutions.

Has someone had more luck with the above hardware and can you share your XFree
setup or maybe other tricks howto get X running on this machine?

My thanks will be great!

Greetings,
Pim Snel

Ps: can a wrong xf86config also damage a LCD display like a CRT display?

--
Lingewoud B.V.    |   Tel. +31 418 663963
Maasdijk 4        |   Fax. +31 418 663053