Re: modprobe options not recognized at startup

On 2004-1019 16:56:12, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:02:06PM +0200, Mario Frasca wrote:
> > [...]
> > in /etc/modprobe.d I have the following file(s):
> > [...]
> > how do I convince the system to read the options at boot time?
>
> Make sure you don't also have a /etc/modprobe.conf file.

ah, I forgot to say that I had checked that.

the problem is just *at boot time*.

now my guess is that the options in /etc/modprobe.d are not used at boot
time if the modules are loaded not automatically but for being listed
in /etc/modules.  on my system it contains:

usbhid
ohci-hcd
usb-storage
sound

I'm commenting out everything and rebooting.

see you later!

Mario