Re: modprobe options not recognized at startup
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: modprobe options not recognized at startup
- From: Mario Frasca <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:52:25 +0200
- Message-id: <20041020045225.GA2986@croese.home.bogus>
- In-reply-to: <20041019205612.GA1502@localhost>
- References: <20041019200206.GC4371@croese.home.bogus> <20041019205612.GA1502@localhost>
On 2004-1019 16:56:12, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:02:06PM +0200, Mario Frasca wrote:
> > [...]
> > in /etc/modprobe.d I have the following file(s):
> > [...]
> > how do I convince the system to read the options at boot time?
> Make sure you don't also have a /etc/modprobe.conf file.
ah, I forgot to say that I had checked that.
the problem is just *at boot time*.
now my guess is that the options in /etc/modprobe.d are not used at boot
time if the modules are loaded not automatically but for being listed
in /etc/modules. on my system it contains:
I'm commenting out everything and rebooting.
see you later!