install debian G4 powerbook 12', help!

Dear all:

I have been trying to install Debian on my powerbook (12' G4 with superdrive if that helps). But to be honest I have not been very successful :-(, and I hope that you will be able to help me.
Here is what I did or tried to do:

I followed the instruction given by Matthias Schimdt given at
http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php

so I got the files: yaboot, yaboot.conf and root.bin from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new-powermac
and the kernel from
http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2

I managed to boot from yaboot and and start the installer, where I created the partitions I needed then I tried to install the kernel and drivers but then I realized that I did not have the files required to do that. I do not have an internet connection set up from my debian partition. From Mac OS X, I can use a wireless connection (my neighbor's actually) and download the files that I think I need from http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new-powermac
such as rescue.bin, drivers.tgz ...
and copied them to my debian partition (for that I used ext2fsx).
It worked and I could install the kernel, but then I tried the next step which is confire/install modules
and it said that it could not find modules in
/target/lib/modules/2.4.20-ben5

Is that normal? If yes where can I get these files?
If I can't use the internet to install debian, what are all the files that I need? This would be good to know so that every time it asks me for something new I do not have to reboot and copy the files from the MacOSx partition to the debian partition.

I spent two days trying to install debian and I would really appreciate any helpful comments.
Thanks!!

Raph