2nd monitor output

Dear List,

i just joined the list, and i must say that i started using deb-powerpc 1/2year ago. By now it became my fav OS on my G3 pismo powerbook. Until now i was using debian on i386.

i have to give a talk on my favorite programming language (pure-data) in november, and i should have my second monitor (vga) output working by that time.

i fond some resources on the net, but i am still not sure how to accomplish that task.

1.) do i have to use a ben herrenschmidt kernel to get it working?
2.) how do i have to change my XF86Config?
3.) do i need any additional modules?

i'd be so glad to get any advice, this is the last item on my debian-ppc 'wishlist' that i want to get running.

thanks, have fun!

Peter Plessas