2.6.8.1 success

Hello all...

So I finally got a 2.6.x kernel to boot, and give me a serial console on
my Beige G3/266 DT. Of course, I still don't get why I can't have a
regular console for my voodoo3 card, but I can boot, and get X working,
etc. Networking gave me a bit of trouble, but nothing I can't fix.

On another note, I tried to do a serial console for 2.4.27, and it gets
stuck at "Freeing unused memory: 184k init 4k chrp 36k prep"

I can boot normal without the serial console, and see the console, but
this is a curiosity...

Russell