Re: Sarge on OldWorld Mac - No root device

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 03:44:37AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> 	note 1: You can use "hfsplus" in place of "hfs", if your MacOS
> partition is HFSplus.  I use HFS, personally, because I feel like
> the Linux HFSplus module is still fairly new and untested.  But I'm
> old and paranoid.  You may be braver.

Just as a note to this, if you are using 2.6, significant parts of
the hfs module were rewritten based on the hfsplus module. So in a
recent kernel, the hfsplus code is actually the one with more
testing. However, since it's mostly the same code, one should be
just as reliable as the other. They could probably even be merged
into a single module. In fact, that's what Apple did in Darwin/OSX.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com