Re: TiBook 550 - Hard system freeze, black screen on wake

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 09:47:59AM +0900, sean wrote:
> I've been trying to resolve this for months.  Every time I close the
> lid, wait a few minutes (5? 10?), then open the lid, my screen stays
> black and there's nothing I can do to revive it except hold the power
> button down for 5 seconds and reboot.

This sounds similar to a problem I have. It went away when I removed udev
(udev is nice, but I don't need it badly enough right now to solve the
problem for real).

Is there some activity, like some disk noise, or the backlight comes on,
but nothing appears on the screen?

--
Matijs van Zuijlen					http://www.matijs.net/