Re: Considering to buy a PowerBook G4 or waiting for PowerBook G5...

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 17:03 +0200, Pascal Chenevas-Paule wrote:

> Hi,

Hello,

> I think the new PowerBook G5 will be relase near September 2005 or perhaps during the summer 2005.
> The curent version of PowerBook was not completely supported by gnu/linux :

Mmmmh, this are not really good news...

> No 3D accel,
> No DVI output,
> No Suspend mode,
> No Airport Extreme (I found this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-bcom4301/).

...and this are more than bad.

> Then, I don't know if the PowerBook G5 will be supported better than PowerBook G4 ...

Considering that my actual Apple G3 iBook works really well with
GNU/Linux I think I'll stay with this nice piece of hardware for just a
bit more time.

I want to be sure that hardware for ~2500 EUR works fine with GNU/Linux
else I prefer what I already have and runs -- Money does really not grow
on trees, neither in Italy ;)

> Bye,

Thanks very much for the infos, Pascal.

> Pascal

Best regards,

 I.

--
   .''`.   Ivo Marino <eim@mentors.debian.net>
  : :' :   irc.FreeNode.net chan #debian-mentors